Rental Terms & Conditions
Effective January 1, 2015
- All contracts of rental shall be deemed to incorporate these terms and conditions. No
variation or addition to these conditions is effective unless it is agreed, in writing, by a
Representative of Can-West Display Services Ltd. (CWD)
- A non-refundable deposit of 50% of the order may be due to confirm your order. We
will hold items for 24 hours only, unless the deposit payment is made. Payment may be
paid by cash, cheque or credit card, (MasterCard, Visa or AMEX)
- We require a credit card to reserve the equipment. Should the furniture be damaged
while in your possession, repairs will be charged to this card. The renter agrees to have
all additional costs charged to the credit card provided or to make arrangements to pay
by cheque on or before the first day of the rental period. If payment by cheque is not
received by the first day of the rental period, it will be assumed that the balance is to
be charged to the credit card.
- The optional 7% damage waiver will cover the renter in the case of damage due to
regular wear and tear. The damage waiver does not cover extraordinary loss or damage
due to negligence or intentional damage that results from the actions of the renter or
the end users. In this case the cost for damage repairs will be charged to your credit
- The liabilities of the renter commence at the time the rented articles are delivered to
the site of the event or exhibition for which they are rented, or are collected from our
premises, and continue until they are collected from the site by CWD or returned to our
During this time, the renter will:
- Keep, at the renter's own expense, the said rented articles in good and substantial
repair and condition, and in the event of any article being damaged beyond repair or
lost by fire, theft or any other cause whatsoever, will pay CWD the full replacement
value of the rented articles plus the original rental charge. In the event of any article
being damaged and requiring repair, the renter will pay the full cost of such repair.
- Keep the rented articles fully insured to their full replacement value against all risks.
Renters are reminded that the period of the insurance should include at least two days
prior to the opening of the event for which they are rented and at least two days after
its conclusion. Please Note: The replacement value of the goods will be supplied upon
request. Please follow guidelines below to help avoid any additional costs:
- Furniture must sit on a hard, level surface;
- Do not affix anything to any furniture without prior written consent;
- No heat can be applied to any furniture;
- All candles must be in containers to avoid wax drippings;
- Do not stand or allow guests to stand on furniture;
- Furniture cannot get wet or sit uncovered outside;
- It is the duty of the renter to provide an authorized representative to accept or
receive the equipment, sign for it and to give a written receipt. If the renter fails to
provide for this, he will not be permitted to dispute subsequently the facts of the
delivery and be deemed to have accepted the delivery and these conditions.
- At the discretion of the CWD, a charge of not less than 50% of the quoted rental
charge may be made in respect of cancelled orders. If such cancellation is made after
the goods have been delivered to the site, CWD reserves the right to invoice the full
- Orders received and executed at an event or exhibition may be subject to an extra
material handling charge or drayage. Delivery charge for tradeshow is to dock only.
- No liability shall attach to CWD for:
- Any delay or failure to deliver due to circumstances which are outside its control.
- Loss or damage caused to customer's own goods.
- Any charges for fixing of floor coverings to exhibition hall or venue floors.
- Any damage or injury caused by the misuse of the CWD's property.
- CWD expressly reserves the right at its absolute discretion to suspend or cancel any
services, at any time, in whole or in part, under its contract with the renter in any case
where the renter is in breach of that contract or in breach of any credit arrangements,
whether the same be under that contract or any other contract or arrangement
between the renter and the Company.
- CWD reserves the right to make substitutes, with notice, for furniture that may
- Any claim shall be limited to the total amount of the rental only and not in respect
of any consequential costs incurred, actual or potential.